Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Last Week in the Plasti-city

It's hard to believe that 7 weeks has already gone by. My time here has been amazing, both for the opportunity to see the inner workings of a hospital and the chance to live in NYC for an extended time. This week, I followed my last set of office hours, watched a couple more surgeries, and tried to finish up what I was helping with in the lab. But more importantly, this last week I really tried to step back and appreciate this program. I had never previously volunteered in a hospital, so almost everything I saw was new to me, from rounds to the OR to the prep work for office visits. The hospital is an enormous and complex entity, but it is really impressive how despite this, things still get done. It might not always be the most efficient or perfect process, but it is extremely functional.

Overall, I had a great summer. I want to thank Dr. Jason Spector, his team of residents and students, and everyone in his lab for welcoming and including me this summer. I would also like to thank everyone else who made this summer possible. It has been awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment