Wednesday, July 9, 2014

DB week 4

4H

This week I was back in Ithaca co-coordinating outreach with Dan. 
I like to teach so the experience was good overall.

Research Project: Discrimination of MR etiologies by biomechanical analysis 

Leah and I have been stuck due to an inability to run code given to us for the project.
This week, I got the code to work by hacking. Meaning, I still don't know why it wasn't working, and simply found a way to make it work.

In this retrospective project, we will use patient echos (and maybe MRIs) to quantify the structural states of healthy and regurgitating mitrial valves.

We will first need to discover mechanical parameters that are useful in discriminating between healthy and diseased valves. Ultimately, our goal is to be able to show differences within disease states by discriminating MR of different etiologies using the mechanical properties of valves. This is an idea JW was specifically interested in pursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment